Subject: Re: [boost] [Git] Moving beyond arm waving?
From: John Wiegley (johnw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-03 02:56:22

Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:

> * As a demonstration and proof-of-concept, a Boost library should
> begin using Git. Presumably a public repository (on GitHub?) can
> channel changes back to Boost svn. I'll volunteer the filesystem
> library.

I've made a copy of the fully migrated Boost repository available online for
review here:

  https://github.com/boost-lib/boost-history

In the course of creating the migration process, I had to fix several bugs in
libgit2. This makes me less than 100% convinced of the fidelity of the result
so far. I'd like anyone who can to review the sections familiar to them, to
make sure nothing obvious has gone wrong.

A couple things to note in this repository:

 - Any branch which was not committed to since 2008 has been migrated as a tag
   with the prefix "old-branches/".

 - There is a 'flat-history' tag, which preserves the literal revision history
   as it appeared in Subversion, with no splitting up into branches or tags.
   This is for completeness, but can be ignored otherwise.

John