Subject: Re: [boost] [1.46.0 beta 1] [SourceForge] Testing beta from SourceForge (was: mirror sync system broken)
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-02 11:16:08

On Feb 2, 2011, at 7:42 AM, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Marshall Clow wrote:

>>> I have successfully downloaded boost_1_46_0_beta1.7z from sourceforge
>>> and built it on ms-windows7 with msvc-9 and 10.
>>

>> I downloaded the tar.gz, and attempted to build it.
>> No joy at all (Mac OS X; 10.6.6, toolset darwin)
>>
>> Here's what I got:
>>
>> ./bootstrap.sh
>> ./bjam
>>
>> Building the Boost C++ Libraries.
>>

>> Performing configuration checks
>>
>> - has_icu builds : no
>> - ../config//has_gcc_visibility builds : yes
>> - ../config//has_long_double_support builds : yes
>> error: No best alternative for /python_for_extensions
>> next alternative: required properties: <python>2.6 <target-os>darwin
>> matched
>> next alternative: required properties: <python>2.6 <target-os>darwin
>> matched
>
> See if 'project-config.jam' has 'using python' -- and then try to remove it.
>
> This is obviously not the way it should be, but let's first make sure
> the problem is what I suspect.

Clearly, I put too much information into my post :-), since I attached my user-config.jam file to it, and neither you nor Jurgen saw it.

In my user-config.jam, I commented out the line:
        using python : 2.6 ;

and now it's building.

Thanks!

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki