Subject: Re: [boost] Process discussions
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-02 11:20:23

Dave Abrahams wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 8:57 PM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>

> Each change I make is tested against the previous released state of
> the rest of Boost (so I'm not trying to manage a moving target),
> unless otherwise specified. I might specify otherwise if my new work
> depends on an upcoming-but-not-yet-released version of another
> library, for example.

I test on my own machine against the release branch. In other words,
I'm testing against the NEXT release. This means that I update
my release tree once in a while. This might address the
concerns that some have that we're really testing the integrated
whole. If everyone did this, the release would be always
(almost) ready to deploy.

Robert Ramey