Subject: Re: [boost] [1.46.1] Release notes
From: eg (egoots_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-08 17:26:06

On 3/8/2011 2:03 PM, Daniel James wrote:
> On 8 March 2011 21:02, eg<egoots_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> Not sure if this is too late or not...
>>
>> There is a very small iostreams libarary release notes documentation change
>> that would be very useful for iostreams end users.
>>
>> I created a ticket for this and added a patch for the proposed change.
>
> I really can't deal with undocumented changes, I've enough to deal
> with as it is. If you want a change documented, you probably need to
> contact the person who made it. If there was a library maintainer, you
> could contact them. I've documented the changes for 1.46.1, but that
> was a special case, and I'm really not sure if I've done a good job. I
> will make changes to the release notes after a release if appropriate
> (it's best to keep this to a minimum, as it's annoying for anyone who
> subscribes to the feeds).

Thanks.

I think you hit the real crux of the issue... there seems to be no
"official" maintainer for iostreams at present, but that is a side issue
here.

cc'ing this to Steven Watanabe, who was the person who did the fix I am
referring to, and merged it to release for 1.46

Steven:

Could you please look at https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5258

and review the documentation patch proposal that basically adds a one
line entry to in the iostreams "Release notes" page, and tells people of
the "flush" bug regression that you fixed for 1.46.

Even if the web site top level libraries (news) release notes do not get
updated, at least the iostreams library docs themselves will have this info.