Subject: Re: [boost] Google Summer of Code 2011
From: Andrew Sutton (asutton.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-29 18:30:16

> I forgot the date of the discussion time, I thought it's start on
> 28th, but unfortunately it was 18th. Poor me. That's why I wrote this
> email, maybe I can still discuss one or two things before I start my
> proposal.
>
> I'm really interested in algorithm, my favorite is dynamic
> programming. I hope my ability is capable to improvise and optimize
> Boost library. The problem is I have no clue to start with.
>
> My only hope is optimize Boost.graph library, but I don't know which
> part that I could develop. I have no idea on suggested project.

Hi,

We typically expect prospective students to discuss specific projects
for GSoC projects. If you have, for example, specific variations of
algorithms in the BGL that can be improved using dynamic programming,
that would be a good place to start. There are too many students for
us to help people focus such broad goals.

Andrew