Subject: Re: [boost] gsoc project(checks)
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-31 09:30:07

Hi Alexandr

> Here i send you test message. Also i send you two different messages, one
with
> .zip file and one with .rar.

I've got your messages, but they went into my junk folder, probably because
some of your fellow countrymen have been naughty ;-)

But I've made you a safe sender :-)

> Actually, here i want to say few things
> i thought about after i finished coding. I made my class working with
uint8_t
> type - byte arrays. But then i thought it should be working the same way
with
> any int type actually.. And even with any data if we think of it as a
simple
> sequence of bytes. But here i came to the
> problem:
> 1. i can replace uint8_t by template class and then use cast in
> process() method to get data in byte representation:
> byte *bytes = reinterpet_cast<byte*>(&in_data) and then just deal with
byte
> sequence.
> 2. or remove vector from member and treat any structure as sequence of
bytes.
> But the thing is - we need checksum for data stored in structure of
checksum for
> structure itself? Because if we take complex structure(something like
> map<pair<set<int>,pair<int,string> > >) what checksum are we calculating
> actually?

Well this is a taster of the dilemmas that you will face, both in writing
it, and also in defending your decisions to the Bolshy Boosters at any
review.

But don't worry for now.

The tests look pausible, but do not use Boost.Test this is essential for the
cross platform testing system. But it's troublesome to set up.

Your docs are skeleton-only - all that I expected - and would need to done
using Quickbook and full documentation of functions using Doxygen commands
in the source like \brief \detail \pre \post \returns ...

But it will do fine for now.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,