Subject: Re: [boost] [convert] incomplete reference documentation
From: Vicente BOTET (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-07 13:42:32

> Message du 07/04/11 11:38
> De : "Vladimir Batov"
> A : boost_at_[hidden]
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [boost] [convert] incomplete reference documentation

I can accept that you want to hide the converter class. But you need to state in the documentation that the result of the from operation is a implementation defined class which is convertible to Target and provide in addition other operations which must be stated explicitly. Otherwise how the user can know that the following is correct

using namespace boost::conversion::parameter;
direction dir = convert::from(str, up_dir)(throw_ = true);

or

int i = convert::from(hex_str) >> std::hex;
string si = convert::from(i)
>> std::showbase >> std::uppercase >> std::hex;

Best,
Vicente