Subject: Re: [boost] [xint] Formal Review Result
From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-06 13:03:06

2011/5/4 Barend Gehrels <barend_at_[hidden]>:

> On 4-5-2011 14:48, Joachim Faulhaber wrote:
>> Long time boosters on the contrary tend to
>> be less enthusiastic as RMs: The summarizing fault of Volodya,
>> (excessive) delays or MIA-phenomenons are IMO symptoms of such lack of
>> motivation.
>
> Maybe. Another reason is that they are very busy with other good
> Boost-things.

Yes!

>> This doesn't mean to blame anyone in particular. It's just
>> part of the boost game. First time contributors have more motivation
>> and excitement.

I want to make sure that this is understood correctly. It is not my
intent (and I assume same for Barend) to blame Volodya or other RMs.
On the contrary. Long term contributors like him do a beautiful
service to the community. I personally benefited from Volodya's
contributions more than once. Also, conducting the xint review with a
large heated discussion is a great contribution and a lot of work. So,
many thanks for all that!

Still, looking at errors that happen and discussing possibilities for
improvement is a good thing as well.

Cheers,
Joachim

--