Subject: Re: [boost] [review] [autoindex] Formal review of AutoIndex
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-16 16:18:55

Hi John,

On 16-5-2011 19:41, John Maddock wrote:
>> For Boost.Geometry, there is some added value. To really judge it, I
>> would have to finetune it more. Currently it contains too much
>> entries, as discussed. But (as not yet discussed) there are also
>> missing entries. The term "reverse" contains only entries from the
>> examples. The "reverse" function itself is not there. If I remove the
>> reverse-examples, the whole term "reverse" is missing from the index.
>> Don't know yet why.
>
> I investigated this - the regular expressions used for searching for
> functions in docs were too strict - basically they were expecting your
> function declarations to terminate in a ";" and yours don't.
>
> I've updated the code (and docs to match) in SVN to adjust this, and
> it's working as expected for the Geometry docs now - also finding many
> more functions in the Boost.Math docs!

Great! Thanks for this.

Eehm, I know it is not related to AutoIndex, and it is probably my or a
few people's problem. I've googled, at least some other (Boost) people
have had this as well.

I get this error while building:

/*error: Attempt to redeclare already existing project id
'/boost/exception' location '/_svn/boost/trunk/libs/exception/build'
*/
I've had this also when building Boost.Geometry. Then I could solve it
by removing Jamroot, or adding one. It is only on Microsoft, not on
Linux or MinGW. The error always says "exception", strange thing...

Do other people using MSVC have (had) this problem?

Strangely enough it sometimes occurs, so last time I could build
autoindex, now I couldn't do it (yet).

Anyway, I will try soon again, probably using Linux, and let you know.

Regards, Barend