Subject: Re: [boost] [gui] Help with a little experiment.
From: Giorgio Zoppi (giorgio.zoppi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-21 08:03:00

2011/6/21 Germán Diago <germandiago_at_[hidden]>:

>>> It is. There is aplenty core GUI stuff around. If anything, if Boost
>>> should
>>> have a GUI library it should be just this: thin, synatxically nice layer
>>> on
>>> top of a generic view of existing core GUI stuff.
>>
>> Why should I use that gui framework if I can use an original one?
>> Why should I use boost.gui if I already know gtk and gtkmm.
>
> I want my framework to be FAR easier to use and consequently more
> productive.

I am so selective in asking you because I would like to have a more
productive gui.
A thing that a GUI developer want is easy prototyping.
I want to

+ design the forms/botton quickly and bind the events in a sort of
automatic way.
+ create custom gui components quickly from current components.

It should make little sense to me having to code all the GUI in C++.
We are in 2011,
processors with CMP and parallel graphics processors, even in embedded
world (Cortex A9).

+i would aspect a language easy for non programmers gui (ie. qml, xml).
This will move the focus from programmers to graphic designers doing a
gui. This could be a
straightforward step to give them more work and free smart programmers
for hard stuff.

--
Quiero ser el rayo de sol que cada día te despierta
para hacerte respirar y vivir en me.