Subject: Re: [boost] [1.47.0] Beta 1 Release candidate files available
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-21 11:36:53

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Lars Viklund <zao_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 09:19:00AM -0400, Beman Dawes wrote:
>> Release candidate files for 1.47.0 beta 1 are available at
>> http://boost.cowic.de/rc/
>>
>> As always, the release managers would appreciate it if you download
>> the candidate of your choice and give building it a try. Please report
>> both success and failure, and anything else that is noteworthy.
>>
>> This helps ensure the candidates build OK before we push them out to
>> SourceForge.
>
> Would it be possible to coax your tar implementation to author files
> with less extreme GIDs.
>
> The current ones (4294967295) lead to massive amounts of console spam on
> operating systems where IDs are uint16_t (mingw) or int32_t (assorted
> BSD).
>
> On mingw - tar: Archive value 4294967295 is out of gid_t range 0..65535

I was able to reproduce this from the mingw command prompt.

A fix has been committed per the suggestion from Jeremiah Willcock,
and it worked when tested locally. A off schedule daily snapshot is
running now, so when it finishes in a half-hour or so you should be
able to try it yourself. Please report results.

Thanks for the report, and thanks to Jeremiah for his fix suggestion.

--Beman