Subject: Re: [boost] [1.47.0] Beta 1 Release candidate files available
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-20 13:23:25

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 09:19:00AM -0400, Beman Dawes wrote:
> Release candidate files for 1.47.0 beta 1 are available at
> http://boost.cowic.de/rc/
>
> As always, the release managers would appreciate it if you download
> the candidate of your choice and give building it a try. Please report
> both success and failure, and anything else that is noteworthy.
>
> This helps ensure the candidates build OK before we push them out to
> SourceForge.

Would it be possible to coax your tar implementation to author files
with less extreme GIDs.

The current ones (4294967295) lead to massive amounts of console spam on
operating systems where IDs are uint16_t (mingw) or int32_t (assorted
BSD).

On mingw - tar: Archive value 4294967295 is out of gid_t range 0..65535

I did not try building it yet, but I felt that this is a good time to
mention this niggle that has been plaguing me for many releases.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]