Subject: Re: [boost] [preprocessor] Warning: Incoming
From: Lorenzo Caminiti (lorcaminiti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-26 10:57:55

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 9:02 AM, Paul Mensonides <pmenso57_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'm about to commit a relatively significant changeset to the pp-lib.

Do these changes need to be peer-reviewed?

> This is the result of work by Edward Diener and I to add limited variadic
> support to the pp-lib.  Edward can comment in more detail regarding the
> extent of those changes, but they do not add ground-up support.

If the pp-lib needs to be changed, why not change it radically to add
ground-up variadic support? (This is not a rhetoric question. I am
sincerely asking as there might be very good reasons not to add
ground-up variadic support to Boost.Preprocessor.)

> However, there are significant changes to heavily used low-level
> facilities such as BOOST_PP_TUPLE_ELEM (sometimes even complete
> implementation replacements).  We have put in a great deal of effort to
> avoid introducing new errors or warnings in either the building of the
> Boost binaries or in the regression tests.  However, we may have missed
> some issues.

I use Boost.Preprocessor (PP_TUPLE_, etc) pervasively in the
implementation of a lot of macros in my projects. I also occasionally
use Edward's VMD library. I will haply test the Boost.Preprocessor
changes against my code.

--Lorenzo