Subject: Re: [boost] Database Library
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-05 09:42:41

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 15:17, Bruce Adams <tortoise_74_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > Hi,
> > This probably ought to be a FAQ. But there is currently no database
> >library
> >
> > in boost. There have been some contenders in the past.
> > I had hopes for SOCI for instance (see e.g.
> > http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2004/10/74365.php).
> > Are there any candidates on the horizon? If not, what unrelated projects
> would
> >
> > people here recommend (or recommend against).

Hi,

There have been a library proposed(?) by the author of Boost.Locale called
CPPDB. The (interesting) discussion from last year starts there :

You can read some points about SOCI.
The library is part of CPPCMS (like Boost.Locale) and you can get it to try
it.

http://cppcms.sourceforge.net/

PS : I didn't try it yet so I don't have an advice. I didn't use SOCI
either.

Joël Lamotte