Subject: Re: [boost] Which compilers are not supported for 1.48 ?
From: KTC (ktc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-16 16:59:46

On 16/07/2011 21:28, Joshua Boyce wrote:
> Personally I think it should be more explicit. I quite like Qt's page on
> platform support, in that it's broken down into 'tiers' with an explanation
> of what each tier means in terms of support. Furthermore, it explicitly
> states that whilst compilers not listed may work, they should not be
> considered officially supported.
>
> http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.8-snapshot/supported-platforms.html
>
> On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 5:36 AM, Sergey Cheban<s.cheban_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> 16.07.2011 1:00, Antony Polukhin пишет:
>>

>> Are really old and broken compilers still supported? Do we need them?
>>>
>>> For example VC++6.
>>>
>> In the 1.47 release notes, I see the following:
>> Boost's primary test compilers are:
>> Visual C++ 7.1, 9.0, 10.0
>> Boost's additional test compilers include:
>> Visual C++ 7.1, 9.0, 10.0
>>
>> I see no MSVC 6.0 in this list. For me, it means that MSVC 6.0 is not
>> supported.

Well, the problem is there can't be an one size fit all list as
different libraries within boost work to different extent for different
compilers. Also, the list of compilers on the release note merely
reflect the different compilers used running the regression tests, and
not that they will necessarily work without issues.

KTC