Subject: Re: [boost] [regex] How robust are the <boost/regex/pending/unicode_iterator.hpp> adapters?
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-21 06:08:28

>> Actually, I'm thinking that the fix may be easier than I thought after
>> all -
>> if I add a 2-arg "range-checked" constructor as an overload, then the
>> iterator's constructor can validate the end-points of the underlying
>> sequence during construction, and there's no need to otherwise change the
>> implementation or add overhead by checking every increment/decrement for
>> movement out-of-range because we'll know that it can't happen.
>
> Ah! Nice solution! Go for it!

This is now fixed in Trunk, also updated tests (and code somewhat) for
Unicode v6, and added minimalist docs:
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/libs/regex/doc/html/boost_regex/ref/internal_details/uni_iter.html

None of which precludes other (better?) versions appearing as libraries in
their own right in the future.... it's just that as these have been stable
since 2004 it seemed sensible to give them a quick make-over rather than
roll out all new code.

HTH, John.