Subject: Re: [boost] [operators] The future
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-03 14:01:32

On 10/03/2011 12:37 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If there is a strong need, we could also preserve the old
> implementation as<boost/legacy/operators.hpp>, but I think it's also
> practical to drop it completely - old Boost versions are still
> available for those who need them.

Please, provide a deprecation period. It would be best if there was
Boost.Operators v2 alongside with the current v1, which can coexist and
be used in a single project. The docs should state that v1 is deprecated
and provide transition guidelines for users. I think, this is the common
practice for Boost libraries.