Subject: Re: [boost] [operators] The future
From: Matt Calabrese (rivorus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-03 14:51:18

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 4:37 AM, Daniel Frey <d.frey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> - Concentrate on arithmetic operators
> - Add rvalue-support
> - New set of convenience/grouped operators due to rvalue-support
> - Drop the old implementation, iterator support
>
> Someone else (Olaf?) then takes care of the iterator helpers.
>
> So, what do you think?

I'm very interested in this. The addition of rvalue references in C++11
makes Boost.Operators even more useful than it already is, pending it is
move-aware. I have no complaints with these points and am eager to see
progress. My only concern has already been stated -- prefer to not break
backwards compatibility, and if you do, make the transition as easy as
possible with a deprecation period. I think this goes without saying anyway,
but there's no harm in stressing it.

--
-Matt Calabrese