Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.Local] Review
From: John Bytheway (jbytheway+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-21 15:14:27

On 19/11/11 20:39, Brent Spillner wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 20:59:26 lorcaminiti wrote:
>>> * Acknowledgments
>>>
>>> The title is spelt wrong (should be Acknowledgements)
>>
>> OK.
>
> Actually, "Acknowledgments" is the traditionally correct spelling.
> There are some dictionaries that accept "Acknowledgement," but this
> reads as faddish and less literate. A similar word is "judgment"---
> both are frequently misspelled even by native speakers.

Thanks for clarifying. I see now that it was my hyper-British
dictionary choices in Thunderbird which caused me to suggest this change
:). It also doesn't like "judgment".

FWIW, Wiktionary suggests that this is a US/UK distinction rather than a
traditional/rare distinction, though no doubt both languages bleed into
each other a lot.

John