Subject: Re: [boost] What is boost:
From: Christopher Jefferson (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-24 12:04:17

On 24 Nov 2011, at 15:45, Philippe Vaucher wrote:

>> If a library hasn't had a maintainer for a certain period then
>> it gets removed.
>
> Which boost libraries do you think should be removed today?

Note: The following is a bit of an extreme opinion, but one I would try to impose if I had the opportunity.

This page lists bugs per component:

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/report/19

There are, attached to many of those bugs, patches which have never been commented on. If patches remain at least uncommented on for a full release cycle, the library should be labelled as "unmaintained" or "abandoned" in the release notes. After another couple of releases, it should be removed.

That would obviously, at current state, get rid of some very popular libraries (thread, date_time)

Chris