Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Thread and Boost.Move collision
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-11 12:24:14

Le 11/12/11 14:00, onlyone_at_[hidden] a écrit :
>> Vicente J. Botet Escriba:
>>> Le 01/12/11 18:11, onlyone_at_[hidden] a ?crit :
>>> Could you post the patch or attach it to a Trac ticket?
>>>
>> Any news of this patch?
>>
> I have been working on it. I was able to implement the basic functionality in a matter of hours (Boost.Move is very easy to use).
> Unfortunately, I have been having trouble "Boostifying" the code, as I am unfamiliar with the reasons for many of the
> workarounds in the existing code (I am worried about causing regressions in these). I have not yet started on the documentation
> or tests. This patch is still my #1 priority, so expect it soon!

Others can participate on doc and tests. Please could you show what you
have so we can see the work that needs to be done yet? Ion has
volunteered to help, I will do also. If the patch is good enough (no
regression with the current tests) we can commit it and improve it
together before merging to release.

This is an important point, that unfortunately will net be integrated on
release 1.49. We need to ensure that Boost.Thread has a correct move
semantic for 1.50.

Thanks for working on this,
Vicente