Subject: Re: [boost] [interprocess] Timed locks
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-29 04:32:54

El 28/12/2011 1:25, Edward Diener escribió:
> On 12/27/2011 12:45 PM, Dave Abrahams wrote:
>>
>> on Mon Dec 26 2011, Edward Diener<eldiener-AT-tropicsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>> In boost::inteprocess timed locks are specified by giving a
>>> boost::posix_time::ptime as the absolute time until which ownership is
>>> attempted. Would it not be more usable to give a
>>> boost::posix_time::time_duration from the time in which the one
>>> attempts to acquire the lock ?
>>
>> Consistency with the C++11 standard threading would dictate providing
>> both interfaces (but using chrono instead of posix_time I think)

Yes, there is a plan to update to C++11 interface when some other issues
with other libraries (container, intrusive, mainly) are also updated to
C++11 changes (allocator_traits, pointer_traits, initializer_lists...).

> Hopefully the interprocess author will consider it. I will file a
> suggestion on Trac.

Yes, please. I think there is a similar ticket, but maybe you can add
more detail:

Ion