Subject: Re: [boost] [thread] Can't use boost/thread/mutex.hpp without boost_system
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-21 21:37:12

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba
<vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Ihave found that a little patch to Boost.System could make it header-only.
> It seems that Beman has already tried it, but there are some errors.

I'd like to make Boost.System available for header-only use, but IIRC
the suggested changes broke some other libraries that use
Boost.System.

Also, I'd like to see a Boost guideline worked out for how to make
libraries header only without dumping vast numbers of names for
operating system headers into the global namespace.

--Beman