Subject: Re: [boost] [thread] Can't use boost/thread/mutex.hpp without boost_system
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-22 06:00:25

Le 22/01/12 03:37, Beman Dawes a écrit :
> On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba
> <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> Ihave found that a little patch to Boost.System could make it header-only.
>> It seems that Beman has already tried it, but there are some errors.
> I'd like to make Boost.System available for header-only use, but IIRC
> the suggested changes broke some other libraries that use
> Boost.System.
Please, could you point me to which libraries are you referring to?
> Also, I'd like to see a Boost guideline worked out for how to make
> libraries header only without dumping vast numbers of names for
> operating system headers into the global namespace.

I recognize that it could be difficult for libraries as Boost.Thread or
Boost.FileSystem, but I don't think Boost.System will be on this case as
its dependency are really minor, isn't it?
Could you explain more deeply the problem you want to avoid?

Best,
Vicente