Subject: Re: [boost] [Config] Meaning of BOOST_NO_CXX11_HDR_INITIALIZER_LIST
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-07 22:35:04

On Mar 7, 2012, at 7:25 PM, Michel Morin wrote:

> Thanks all!
>
> Then, we need to update the documentation.
> I was trying to make a patch, but .qbk file does not
> seem to be up-to-date...
>
> P.S.
> I think it would be better to deprecate BOOST_NO_STD_UNORDERED, too.
> The stdlib config files have the following code
>
> # define BOOST_NO_STD_UNORDERED // deprecated; see following
> # define BOOST_NO_CXX11_HDR_UNORDERED_MAP
> # define BOOST_NO_CXX11_HDR_UNORDERED_SET
>
> So it's time to remove BOOST_NO_STD_UNORDERED from the documentation
> (and move the implementation to suffix.hpp)!

Now there's a hoot.
I just finished searching for BOOST_NO_STD_UNORDERED to see if anyone in boost was using it - with the same idea.

In all the cases that I've looked at, if BOOST_NO_STD_UNORDERED is set, so are BOOST_NO_CXX11_HDR_UNORDERED_MAP and BOOST_NO_CXX11_HDR_UNORDERED_SET

However, there are cases where BOOST_NO_STD_UNORDERED is _not_ set, and the other ones are.
[ I think those might be bugs. ]

We could just say that BOOST_NO_CXX11_HDR_UNORDERED_SET is a synonym for BOOST_NO_STD_UNORDERED, and is the preferred replacement.
-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki