Subject: Re: [boost] [git] What's the IDE picture like?
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-19 15:23:30

> >> Xcode and Eclipse support git natively. You'll have to get a plugin
> >> for Visual Studio.
> >
> > ...which would be a pain if a certain workflow is mandated by the new
> > Boost policies to be developed...
>
> What, exactly, would be a pain?

If you ask me, GIT itself is the pain as it is a major usability
catastrophe, but that's pure IMHO.

But to answer your question: If Boost decides to go for a tool mandating a
certain workflow, then any IDE tool will most certainly not support that
directly, leaving IDE users out in the cold as they have to 'emulate' the
mandated workflow themselves.

Regards Hartmut
http://boost-spirit.com
http://stellar.cct.lsu.edu