Subject: [boost] new Overload library version
From: Marco Cecchetti (mrcekets_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-19 16:31:24

Hi everyone!

I noticed that an overloaded function utility has appeared under
boost/functional as a spin-off of Camiti's Boost.Local library.
Indeed on 2007 I had begun implementing something similar.
All started from a Joel de Guzman's post where he showed a proof
of concept of a thin-wrapper of several Boost.Functions.
See: http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2007/09/127906.php

On that code base, I designed Overload, a small library whose
interface matches as much as possible Boost.Function interface.
Some documentation was written down thanks to the help and support of
Dean M. Berris. Due to lack of time and the small amount
of use cases I stopped spending my time on such a project.
Anyway lately I have been working on the Overload library again.
I have performed a light re-design of the interface, added a few new
features and a lot of more testing, finally I've got to improve
documentation.

I uploaded the new version on the sandbox.
In case you are interested these are the links:
- library:
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/overload/trunk/
- documentation:
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/overload/trunk/libs/overload/docs/html/index.html

Please don't reply to me about the not so proper library name,
I could change it but it is a secondary issue.

Regards,
-- Marco