Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Mercurial?
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-20 04:59:28

on Tue Mar 20 2012, Klaim - Joël Lamotte <mjklaim-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> May I ask:
>
> - what is the current state of git concerning error reporting? Last time I
> checked, git still had no reports when something gone wrong and that was a
> major concern to me.

I don't know. A more specific question would help---"when something
gone wrong" leaves a lot of room for interpretation. But then, you
could probably do a quick experiment yourself and quickly get a clear
answer.

> - what is the current state of git concerning windows support? As
> someone pointed out, there is no official efforts to make it easily
> portable to windows and tools are problematic on windows.

http://help.github.com/win-set-up-git/

It's well supported, and support is not going away.

> I don't care if boost goes with git or mercurial, but AFAIK, error
> reporting and windows support is far worst than git's (hard to grasp) ui.
> I hope it have been fixed since last time I checked (in the middle of the
> last year).

I personally doubt much has changed in those areas since the middle of
last year. But then, I never had problems with either of those things.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing