Subject: Re: [boost] Boost and exceptions
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-20 13:49:35

On 20 June 2012 12:13, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> The whole way this was done conflicts with the whole Boost
> cooperative development model in a fundamental way. The whole
> concept of development using other libraries has to be based
> on the premise that once established, a library functionality can't be
> changed.

While the bar on changing functionality and/or interfaces is high, it isn't
(and never has been, as far as I know) absolute (and it isn't even as high
as the C++ standard, nor should it be). As it says in the Boost FAQ <
http://www.boost.org/users/faq.html>: "Many of the Boost libraries are
actively maintained and improved, so backward compatibility with prior
version isn't always possible."

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404