Subject: Re: [boost] {Review] Coroutine reviewstarts today, September 3rd
From: Conrad Poelman (cpnabble_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-15 20:35:26

Here are my answers the specific review comments.

> Please always state in your review, whether you think the library should
> be
> accepted as a Boost library!
Yes!

> - What is your evaluation of the design?
I only evaluated the use of the generator class. Generator has a very nice
interface, especially as improved during the course of this review.

I did not evaluate the implementation.

Fine. For illustrating the capabilities and simplicity of generators I might
suggest a generator example that potentially generates an infinite sequence
(e.g. primes(), where the caller breaks out of the loop when it finds a
large enough prime), and/or an example of iterating over all nodes in a tree
structure.

> - What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
I personally think the generator class has the potential to revolutionize
the way C++ programmers think about abstracting iteration. However, I've
been a fan of the concept for decades so that doesn't mean the concept will
necessarily catch on.

> - Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any
> problems?
Compiled with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and it worked fine.

> - How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
> reading? In-depth study?
I spent about two hours building the examples and trying a few of my own.

> - Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
I have experience using generators in other languages; mostly in CLU years
ago, a little in Python and C#. I use Boost regularly but among this group
I'm a Boost novice.