Subject: Re: [boost] Review Wizard Status Report for September 2012
From: Vadim Stadnik (vadimstdk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-28 17:43:32

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Lars Viklund <zao_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> How does this library fare after the advent of Boost.Containers? From
> the description, it sounds like it overlaps quite a bit, to the extent
> that it can likely be merged with it.

The library uses new data structures with improved computational complexity
of many algorithms against data structures used in C++ standard containers.
This is why this library supersedes facilities of standard containers. I
will add a section to the documentation with specific improvements.

> Additionally, surely there's a better name than "STL extensions"? First
> of all, some people (me) truly dislike the STL misnomer. Secondly, it
> doesn't convey no information about what it actually extends/provides.
>
> The full library name is “STL extensions based on advanced data structures“. I have shortened the name to “STL extensions” for the Review Schedule
only. It seems to me it is quite reasonable. For example, CGAL offers
Multiset container with similar advanced functionality and uses name “STL
Extensions for CGAL”. Suggestions are welcome.

Thank you,
Vadim Stadnik