Subject: Re: [boost] boost filesystem path as utf-8 revisited
From: Rob Stewart (robertstewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-15 05:53:09

On Nov 14, 2012, at 2:18 PM, Yakov Galka <ybungalobill_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I do not understand why once a library is accepted into boost
> the author can just do whatever he gets onto his mind.

Within the general scope of the library, the Boost library author owns the accepted library, as a reward for the effort required to get it accepted, if you like. If the library will undergo significant change, the author is expected to discuss it with the community, possibly even arranging for a mini-review. Only when the author becomes unresponsive for a significant time do we consider assigning a new maintainer. This is how Boost works.

Community driven projects are like anything else designed by committee: they tend to be disjointed, overreaching, confusing, etc. However, Boost is a community. If you disagree with how things are done, suggest alternatives and discuss them on the list. You may alter opinions and be able to institute your ideas.

___
Rob