Subject: Re: [boost] [Proposal] Adding CPUID Library in Boost
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-07 14:59:02

On 07/12/12 16:48, Shakti Misra wrote:
> Hi All,
> Any interest in a cross platform CPU ID library? For a application I wanted
> to get the CPUID mostly to check the SSE2 status. So I missed it in Boost.

There is a SIMD library that will eventually be proposed to Boost.

It contains among others means to detect whether a particular SIMD
extension is supported, all of it header-only.

You can re-use it or parts of it if you want, it's under the Boost
Software license.
<https://github.com/MetaScale/nt2/blob/master/modules/boost/simd/>

> So any interest for it?
> I am currently evaluating the library
> http://libcpuid.sourceforge.net/

 From a quick look, this library doesn't seem like it would work with
MSVC x64.
This actually fully parses the cpuid though.