Subject: Re: [boost] [Git] Documentation for Git and Modular Boost conversion
From: Julian Gonggrijp (j.gonggrijp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-14 11:35:07

Paul A. Bristow wrote:

>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/TryModBoost
>
> I've tried to carry out these instructions but changing the names and files a tiny bit
> (Windows 7)
>
> but I've stumbled at the test run stage with
>
> thrice_test.cpp
> thrice_test.cpp(1) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/trivial/twice.hpp': No such
> file or directory
>
> but it is here
>
> I:\boost-trunk\libs\trivial\include\boost\trivial\thrice.hpp
>
> I *think* I've got the directory structure right, and I created a symbolic link that looks
> promising:
>
> I:\boost-trunk\boost>mklink /d trivial ..\libs\trivial\include\boost\trivial
> symbolic link created for trivial <<===>> ..\libs\trivial\include\boost\trivial
>
> dir \trivial
>
> doesn't find anything.
>
> While I do some homework on symbolic links, any suggestions on where I have blundered?

I'd like to help you but I need to ask some questions first for
clarification:

- By "dir \trivial doesn't find anything", do you mean that Windows
throws an error at you and/or you don't get to see any directory
contents? If yes, does it help to leave out the backward slash
(assuming you run the command while in I:\boost-trunk\boost)?

- I think the symbolic link looks promising too, and I can't help but
wonder whether the thrice_test.cpp error is actually still occurring
since you made the link. I realise that you probably tried, just
asking for maximum clarity. :-)

- Are you experiencing these problems with existing Boost libraries as
well? For example, Boost.Array?

-Julian