Subject: Re: [boost] [GIT] What happens to the Trac?
From: Julian Gonggrijp (j.gonggrijp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-17 15:18:35

Andrey Semashev wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 11:30 PM, Julian Gonggrijp wrote:
>>
>> All valid points, but what's wrong with keeping trac for the old
>> issues while requesting (or perhaps just encouraging, initially) that
>> people submit new issues to the GitHub tracker?
>
> I would very much prefer to have a single tracker to work with. What's
> the advantage of using GitHub compared to Trac?

I'm not aware of any clear benefits of one system over the other.
However, this thread started with John's question regarding what will
happen now that the integration between Trac and Subversion is going
to loose its relevance. I thought switching to GitHub might be the
most straightforward way to regain a similar level of integration
between issue tracker and version control.

-Julian