Subject: Re: [boost] [GIT] What happens to the Trac?
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-17 16:14:10

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Julian Gonggrijp <j.gonggrijp_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> I'm not aware of any clear benefits of one system over the other.

As having used both I can say that GitHub tracker is very simple, to match
most usage, while TRAC is certainly one of the most customizable of such
tools, in particular to make custom work flows.
Jira, Redmine, Phabricator (used by LLVM apparently?) are almost as
configurable, not quite as much though, but also are more responsive.
Anyway...
I think Dave's points are a good summary of what I think. This is certainly
not a good time to change of tracker. In particular knowing that github
will easily work with TRAC.

Joel Lamotte