Subject: Re: [boost] [geometry] Documentation building
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-17 10:03:06

Alexey Kutumov wrote:
> I'm working on CMake'fication of boost libraries, and i 've got issue when
> building documentation of Boost.Geometry. This library uses doxygen_xml2qbk
> utility for convertiong doxygen XML to quickbook, and this utility uses
> RapidXML for xml processing. I found rapidxml in Boost.PropertyTree
> library, but it is in detail subdirectory and also have different
> namespaces (`boost::property_tree::detail::rapidxml` vs `rapidxml`)
>
> Can i use rapidxml from PropertyTree library, or i must write CMake script
> for searching rapidxml as thirdparty library?

Unfortunately they're not interchangeable. PropertyTree has rapidxml in
boost::property_tree::detail namespace and in the "official" release it
is in global namespace. The doxygen_xml2qbk currently assumes that the
"official" one is used.

Aside from this. During my work on the spatial index library I've
developed an version of this tool which supports additional doxygen
features like paragraphs, warnings, text formatting and automatic
references. You might check it out. It can be found here:

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox-branches/geometry/index/doc/src/tools/doxygen_xml2qbk/

If --output_style alt is passed as a parameter like in

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox-branches/geometry/index/doc/make_qbk.py

the alternative qbk is generated for a class or a group.

The example of a reference which structure is defined here:

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox-branches/geometry/index/doc/rtree/reference.qbk

looks like this:

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox-branches/geometry/index/doc/html/geometry_index/r_tree/reference.html

Regards,