Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Log: Any Comments? (Was: [log] Permission to merge to trunk)
From: Alexander Arhipenko (arhipjan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-09 11:43:05

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Vladimir Prus
<vladimir_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 23.03.2013 02:04, Andrey Semashev wrote:

[snip]

[snip]
> - Anybody who participated in Boost.Log discussion, or want to use it, or use it, please speak up.

I will skip praising this library - it was already done before
by myself and the others.

This email about feature request.
I've requested this "feature" (better to say - existing feature behaviour)
several years ago and would like to repeat again.

It would be very nice to have rotation feature work the same way as in e.g.
python logging library or Apache web server:
* latest file has the name filename.log
* previous file has the name filename.log.1 or filename.log.YYYY-MM-DD
AFAIK, it's impossible to achieve in current implementation.

Andrey, what do you think about this?

Thanks and Regards