Subject: Re: [boost] Windows Binary Builds
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-16 09:18:05

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Richard
<legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> >Thoughts?
>
> Since this is already Windows specific, I would suggest WiX based
> installers instead of inno setup as mentioned in your TODO file.
> WiX itself is open source and uses the Windows Installer engine built
> into Windows.

Inno setup is open source (https://github.com/jrsoftware/issrc), just not
with a OSI license. In fact it seems that its license isn't actually
compatible with github, but I'm just realizing that now. Open source aside,
I chose inno setup because its very simple, the installers I generate
aren't much more than self-extracting compressed files with a one-page
wizard.

I haven't looked at WiX before, but I wouldn't be opposed to changing over
to it. Just glancing around their tutorial it seems a lot more complicated
than I need, but if I had a good, simple, example script to go off of it
probably wouldn't be hard to swap out.

Tom