Subject: Re: [boost] Git Modularization Review no vote heads-up
From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-09 09:46:31

On Thu, 2013-05-09 at 07:43 -0400, Beman Dawes wrote:
> 2) The procedures described in
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/TryModBoost need to be updated,
> the dependency on CMake needs to be removed, and the procedures need
> to work.

I tried to check this out, I think Steven Watanabe did some test with a
modification to b2 to automate this. So my intention was to look for it
and possibly try it or ping Steven.

However trying the steps posted on the wiki seems to fail on the

git submodule update --init

step.

There is no .gitmodules file in the top directory modular-boost master
branch HEAD, so I guess there is no way git submodule know what and
where to fetch from. It silently completes as there is nothing to do.
There must be something that is disconnected here.

--
Bjørn Roald