Subject: Re: [boost] Can anyone take a quick read of an array type?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-10 05:38:57

Quickbook.
> Yeah, I've had to move Boost development to another computer, this time a Windows (8) one. This
time,
> there are too many options for development, because GCC punted to UNIX compatibility environments
> instead of direct usage within Windows. I've so far settled for a turn-key solution with
Code-Blocks
> bundled with a private version of MinGW and GCC 4.7. I've tried to build CLang, but I failed since
it's not
> turn-key. I'm obviously not using Boost.Build here right now, so I need to make either Cygwin
and/or
> MinGW usable. I got Python, Perl, and CMake, but in their Windows-GUI versions (and not
> Cygwin/MinGW CLI modes).
> I also got Visual Studio Express 2012 (for Desktop, Win8, and Web), and the November CTP, but I
have
> no idea how to use them. I didn't try since my code needs C++11 severely.
> > You can also use the snippets option to include (selected parts of)
> > the example(s) in the text, ensuring that the code shown has actually compiled and run.
> I've done that once. I'm not sure if it's been published or not.
> > I'll take a look at your example asap.

I don't think this is relevant to using Quickbook to build the docs, for which you just need to
build the Quickbook.exe, install Doxygen, write a small amount of Quickbook intro, and add the
Doxygenated source locations, and some setup in your user jamfile.

If I get time, I'll have a go using your sources and test and example.

Paul

PS Aside, I have used NetBeans on Windows 8 to run GCC, Clang (using pre-built binaries) and VS 2012
compiler (called from NetBeans). This allows you to switch compiler slickly. From a brief
skirmish, I decided that I liked NetBeans more than CodeBlocks.