Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] Getting started with a repository (Was: Re: Live read-only GIT mirrors of Boost trunk SVN)
From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-29 07:19:24

> Ready? Shall we use https://github.com/BoostGSOC as a common
> place for all GSOC repositories?

Actually, I'm kind of warming up to the idea.
Getting all 7 GSoC projects in 7 repos at BoostGSOC
would certainly leave a good impression and signalize
that we are coordinated in GSoC. (And I believe we are).

>> So, students can assume that users have boost installed on their
>> machine in a standard location, and can set up a separate git
>> repository for their project. Great.

> Right! Please spare the students with complicated setup.

Oh, I think I'm starting to get it.

Do you mean that students make a git repo containing
the new subset of Boost they are writing for GSoC.
And they are to equip this repo with the subset of
Boost directories mirrored in git directory structure.

Any mentor wishing to build this can include their
local boost installation or trunk *plus* the repo of
the student. Include both directories via compiler
options, and building/testing is easy.

Is this kind of what you are talking about?

Sincerely, Chris.