Subject: Re: [boost] [utility][thread] result_of - erroneous result type from a C++11 lambda
From: Daniel Walker (daniel.j.walker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-03 20:25:20

On Jun 27, 2013, at 7:26 PM, Klaim - Joël Lamotte <mjklaim_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I just upgraded to the last Boost revision but didn't see any change
> related to this.
> Will the patch be applied only in the next version?
>
> Anyway I will define BOOST_RESULT_OF_USE_DECLTYPE manually in my project
> CMake to make the result more predictable for me.

Yes, you should define BOOST_RESULT_OF_USE_DECLTYPE. As a general rule of thumb, the only time you should not define BOOST_RESULT_OF_USE_DECLTYPE is if you are working with C++03 code. In fact, on more compliant C++11 compilers (e.g. clang 3.1, gcc 4.8.1, msvc 12), decltype will be enabled by default.

- Daniel