Subject: Re: [boost] unique_ptr for C++03
From: Howard Hinnant (howard.hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-05 16:00:48

On Aug 5, 2013, at 3:49 PM, Eric Niebler <eniebler_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 8/5/2013 7:57 AM, Dave Abrahams wrote:
>>
>> on Sat Aug 03 2013, Eric Niebler <eniebler-AT-boost.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Not extensively tested. Might miss important corner cases ...
>>
>> FWIW, there are implementations out there that are likely to be
>> more-tested, e.g. http://home.roadrunner.com/~hinnant/unique_ptr03.html
>
> Thanks for the link. It looks like Howard and I discovered the same trick.

I haven't been closely monitoring this thread, though I did note its existence.

Fwiw, I was never thrilled with my C++03 emulation of unique_ptr. I don't recall exactly what doesn't work. But I think I'm correct when I say that it does not succeed in completely emulating a C++11 unique_ptr. There may be clues as to what doesn't work here: http://home.roadrunner.com/~hinnant/unique_ptr.zip

Howard