Subject: Re: [boost] Removing old config macro and increasing compilerrequirements.
From: Sergey Cheban (s.cheban_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-05 18:19:15

05.08.2013 23:29, Jonathan Wakely пишет:

>> Ok, what about dropping the antique C++03? Do you know the current users'
>> demands? I don't, really. So, I think that it would be interesting to see
>> the survey results anyway.
> C++03 is not an antique, it's one version before the current standard.
> Noone is suggesting only supporting the current version of compilers.
1. C++03 is exactly as old as Visual Studio 2003 is.
2. I was not asking you about your opinion. I was asking about your
_knowledge_ of user demands.

Well, the user demands is not the only reason for the Boost community
decisions. But it is important.
Other reasons are:
- code clearness
- ease of development
- runtime performance
- ability to test the Boost libraries with the compiler

PS. What would you say if the survey showed that nobody really needs the
C++03 to be supported? I think that such results are possible in the
not-so-distant future.

--
Best regards,
Sergey Cheban