Subject: [boost] Releasing Boost Dependency Analyzer 1.1
From: Jens Weller (JensWeller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-09 06:20:13

Hello boost community,

a short notice that I just have released the version 1.1 of my dependency analyzing tool for boost.
For now I have only managed to get a proper Windows Version, Linux Version will follow later.

New Features:

Configuration
- the tool remembers the path to bcp now
- select the source for libraries
 - maintainers.txt
 - libraries.xml
- 2 filter options
 - filter libraries by name
 - filter edges by type, for now its header, source/lib, test and documentation.

Export:
- Export CSV File which has all libraries and the number of dependencies (sorted)

libraries.xml
- this is now a optional source for the library names

Some feedback:

libraries.xml as a lib name source is nice, but not quite perfect. I've seen different results from maintainers.txt and libraries.xml.
As maintainers.txt also libraries.xml contains duplicates, some of its library names don't fit the expectation of bcp, so I applied some fixes for this in my program.

The Dependency filter is yet not perfect, especially in detection.

More details about this version and the download for it at my blog:
http://www.meetingcpp.com/index.php/br/items/releasing-boost-dependency-analyzer-1-1.html

kind regards,

Jens Weller