Subject: Re: [boost] Releasing Boost Dependency Analyzer 1.1
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-10 02:10:12

on Fri Aug 09 2013, "Jens Weller" <JensWeller-AT-gmx.de> wrote:

> Some feedback:
>
> libraries.xml as a lib name source is nice, but not quite
> perfect. I've seen different results from maintainers.txt and
> libraries.xml.
> As maintainers.txt also libraries.xml contains duplicates, some of its
> library names don't fit the expectation of bcp, so I applied some
> fixes for this in my program.
>
> The Dependency filter is yet not perfect, especially in detection.
>
> More details about this version and the download for it at my blog:
> http://www.meetingcpp.com/index.php/br/items/releasing-boost-dependency-analyzer-1-1.html
>
> kind regards,

A bunch of dependency analysis code is checked in to Ryppl.

https://github.com/ryppl/ryppl/tree/develop/scripts

About a year ago I used it to make these graphs which I think are more
informative than the ones I see on your blog.

http://f.cl.ly/items/343N460u3b3039091C0g/deps.pdf
http://f.cl.ly/items/0v201A0A33152G1u0u0v/deps.pdf
http://f.cl.ly/items/3V2I3A103K1Y45113s3w/source-deps.pdf
http://f.cl.ly/items/2r2Z1E3X1o1m2k0N321G/boost-all-deps-reduced.svg

Of course, I don't remember anymore what the color coding and line
styles signify, but that information is probably easily extracted from
the source code.

--
Dave Abrahams