Subject: Re: [boost] Line endings fixes
From: Vitaly Budovski (vbudovski+news_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-10 00:56:57

Hi,

On 10 August 2013 00:39, Niall Douglas <ndouglas_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> If it is the original SVN which is in error, it could be that SVN fixes it up on checkout and hence we've never noticed it before. That implies the need for a tool which can grok the SVN repo directly for mismatched EOLs.
>
> Niall

Niall, the issue is that SVN treats most SVG files as binary
currently. As far as I'm aware, it does not fix anything up on
checkout. If someone was to try and regenerate those particular files
on a system with different line endings then SVN will flag those files
as having been modified. The proper fix would be to correct the
mime-type and line endings in the SVN properties. If a file needs to
be rendered in a visual format on the webpage then the webserver
should handle the appropriate mime-type setting.

The best option in my opinion would simply be not to store any
generated files in the repository as they have the potential of
getting out of sync with the source as well as bloating the size of
the repository.

Cheers,

Vitaly