Subject: Re: [boost] [clang][Windows] Volunteer for a Boost regression test runner for Clang on Windows
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-30 06:56:25

On 9/30/2013 1:59 AM, Joshua Boyce wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>wrote:

>>> FWIW, I started on a Clang regression (using some mgw-w64 version), but
>>> quit when I found that it would only build static libraries, which
>>> caused a huge swath of tests to fail for that reason alone.
>>>
>>> I don't recall it misbehaving badly in other cases, though I may not
>>> have looked too closely.
>>>

>> Really ? Try 'bjam toolset=clang" under Windows in the Boost preprocessor
>> test directory.

> Using toolset=clang on Windows still gives "clang-linux" for me, which
> needs to be fixed. We also need to distinguish between 'native' Clang and
> 'mingw-w64' Clang (see me other post) as they use an entirely different
> standard library and CRT.

There is no toolset other than 'clang' for using clang under Windows
AFAIK. If a separate one is needed for clang under Windows then that's
up to the Boost Build developers to provide one. I have no idea how to
do so and am not proficient with Boost Build and bjam.

I do know that if I use toolset=clang under Windows it seems to find the
header files which it needs but I have no idea how it is doing so. I am
invoking this from the normal Windows command processor and not from the
MingW Linux-like command processor so it appears to be working for me.

My build of clang for Windows was done through the source and followed
the instructions at http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html for using
VS2010 for building the latest clang.