Subject: Re: [boost] [clang][Windows] Volunteer for a Boost regression test runner for Clang on Windows
From: Jim Bell (Jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-30 12:36:09

On 2013-09-30 5:56 AM, Edward Diener wrote:
> On 9/30/2013 1:59 AM, Joshua Boyce wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Edward Diener
>> <eldiener_at_[hidden]>wrote:

>>> Really ? Try 'bjam toolset=clang" under Windows in the Boost
>>> preprocessor
>>> test directory.
>>>

>> Using toolset=clang on Windows still gives "clang-linux" for me, which
>> needs to be fixed. We also need to distinguish between 'native' Clang
>> and
>> 'mingw-w64' Clang (see me other post) as they use an entirely different
>> standard library and CRT.
>
> There is no toolset other than 'clang' for using clang under Windows
> AFAIK. If a separate one is needed for clang under Windows then that's
> up to the Boost Build developers to provide one. I have no idea how to
> do so and am not proficient with Boost Build and bjam.
>
> I do know that if I use toolset=clang ....

I understand that clang has a g++ compatibility mode, though
toolset=clang is clearly superior.

I'm intrigued at the notion of building clang myself, but I think
leveraging the mingw-w64 folks' hard work is a great idea (and
reproducing their pain not too appealing).

How an easy-to-obtain clang release does with boost is a separate
question from how a bleeding-edge build does. Both are interesting and
important, but to different audiences.

I'm not finding a thing on lack of DLL generation, so maybe I missed
something before.